Monday, December 21, 2009

Don't be afraid of death, Winnie...

...be afraid of the unlived life. You don't have to live forever. You just have to live. (Tuck Everlasting)

Tonight I am trying ever-so-fervently to be grateful for my mistakes. It's not easy, and I've made a lot. Especially recently. However, what I hope and what I know to be true is that mistakes are the catalyst for learning. Every mistake I make is a lesson for the future. My mistakes make me the person that I am. Without them, I would live in an entirely different frame of mind and be a person unrecognizable to my current self.

Every experience, for better or for worse, teaches us how to be human. We are not perfect beings. We are flawed. In the art gallery of life, we are a Pollack. It all seems like random splatters of paint, and yet, if you look closely, there is order to it. You just have to change your perception.

So, today, I am embracing the moments of stupidity, impulsivity, depression, carelessness, greed, anger, desperation, fear, and misplaced trust that have led to error and I am turning them into moments of gratitude. I am grateful that I now know how to avoid being put in those positions again; how to avoid making the same mistakes again and again. I've made them once. I am grateful to be able to move on.

I love you all.
xoxo,
Haylezzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment