Monday, December 14, 2009

Children are scary.

Today I am thankful for... the end of it, really. It's not that it was a bad day by any means; just that it was a Monday. Mondays generally include a lot of nothing. I couldn't even become enthused about Trivia night at Tremont Tavern. But, aside from a lot of nothing, I am particularly grateful that tomorrow is Tuesday, which means I get to work and then take a yoga class and then go sing at Open Mic and I am extremely grateful for Open Mic night at Tremont Tavern. It is stupid fun.

Let me inform you of something while I've got you: caring for children is much less fun than one might think. Especially when you cannot entertain them with any sort of multimedia, rather, with books and puzzles and blocks. And especially when a number of them are 1-3 years old. They do not care about puzzles and stories. They care about crying and being picked up. The picking up is especially difficult when there are three of them that want to be picked up and held at all times. I had five children today. I mean, I love kids, but I am just one 23-year old woman with approximately zero experience actually caring for children. I don't know why I keep agreeing to fill in for childcare. Like I said, children are scary.

I'm hoping that tomorrow turns out to be a good day. I am anticipating a good day, because I figure that if you plan for it, it's more likely to happen. :)

I leave you with my quote for the day, by Mr. Ralph Waldo Emerson:
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

I love you.
xoxo,
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment