Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

Well, at my house today it was more like pecans burning in the oven, but I digress.

It's the eve of the eve of Christmas and I am so thankful to have gotten to spend the last few days with a few of my best friends and my family. I have really amazing people in my life and I miss the ones who do not live in my town.

Yesterday I got to hang with my baby bro, Gabriel and went bowling with him and Pop and my uncle, DoonerHead. My uncle is approximately a dumbass. And I mean that in the most positive way. He is a hilarious dumbass! Although, I was very frustrated because typically I whoop everyone's behinds in bowling but I only beat Gabriel! Pop KILLED us! And I only bowled A 146 and a 128. Sucktacular. Pop and Bruce both beat me. Plus there were screaming children in the lane next to us and if you've ever heard me mention the "babies on spikes" bit, you know how I felt about that!

Today I got to hang out with my best girls from high school, Katie-did and ShPamela. We went to get Pamela a maid of honor dress for Katie's wedding. Katie is getting married in June in Chattanooga and I could not be more excited for her! I will say, though that I most certainly do not feel like I am old enough (read: mature enough) to have friends who are married and starting families and careers and blah blah blah blah blah. It's SO weird and I am totally not there yet. It was like listening to Crystal talk about teaching her 5th grade class. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. Crystal is in charge of Children?! There is something SO crazy about that! Ahhh! AND Reigan works for American Express in NYC in charge of marketing one of their credit cards and Pamela works for Jesus in Minnesota and Katie's a sub and Allison's gonna be a Public Defender and Yan and Robyn are both going to be brain surgeons and Morgan's on Broadway and Maria's on tour and everyone's getting married and I AM NOT READY FOR THIS!!! Ahhhhhh!!!

But, I am just so proud of and happy for all of my friends, truly. It just seems like it was not so long ago that we were all actin' a fool in high school. We're still 18 right?! Gah. I'm thankful for all of them and the lives we've begun carving out for ourselves. I love y'all.

xoxo,
Haylezzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment