Friday, November 19, 2010

News that will SHOCK you!

On today's episode of "News that will SHOCK you": I have a pathological need to be liked.

I know... you are floored. It's really beyond belief, as I am clearly unaffected by peoples' feelings about/toward me. *sarcasmsarcasmsarcasm*

(Today, I chose to actually listen to my body and take a rest day from practicing. Not to mention the fact that I got home at 3:45 and accidentally took a 3 hour nap. Oh well.)

So, because I did not get to take class today, the yoga for me was confronting the experience of being in the presence of someone that does not like me. ! I mean, I am sure you are thinking, "But, Hayley, you are just rainbows and sunshine all the time, so how in the world could someone not like you?!", right?! *sarcasmsarcasmsarcasm*

Well, children, sometimes, no matter how hard you try, certain people don't like you, and that's ok. My yoga for today was to be in the presence of someone who I know dislikes me and to be able to be content with that and allow myself the freedom to be unaffected by it. I reminded myself that the only thing I can control is my own behavior and emotional response to a given situation and despite any effort I may make, I cannot control those factors in another person. I can only treat that person the way I would anyone else, with love and respect, and let go of any attachment. After that, if they like me, they like me. If they don't, I'm no worse off than I was before. I am no less because of one person's negative feelings toward me. If anything, they have less because they are short a good friend. I am still the same happy, loving and loved person, regardless of anyone who doesn't want to contribute to that happiness and love.

And, you know what? They may not get to be a part of my love and happiness, but I will send them love and joy every day anyway. I will open my arms and embrace them when and if they decide that they will accept me into their hearts. Because I am loved. Because I love in spite of hate. Because I know how it feels to be without a friend. Because I know what it means to let negativity overcome positivity. Because when we love, we win.

And, mainly, because everyone deserves to be loved. Even the ones who can't reciprocate it.
I love you all.
Namaste.

P.S. If y'all have never seen Grayson Capps, you do not know what you are missing! That man is a B.A.M.F.!! Also, Channing Wilson rocks my face off. Ok. Done. Bed, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment