Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's the little things that make me smile

I've been caught off-guard lately at the funny little things in my life that bring me so much joy. When I think about it, some of them are really silly, but they really do make my day brighter. Maybe you feel the same way. I'm going to share a few of them here:

Pinkish, purplish sunsets.
Genuine, cuddly bear hugs.
Spontaneous and platonic kisses
90s rap songs.
Giggling with good friends about nothing in particular.
Grilled cheese sandwiches (they remind me of the Sutler and my Boompa).
Receiving flowers, especially surprise flowers.
Fresh flowers, generally.
Fake flowers, generally.
"I love you."
hello kitty anything.
Meaningful song lyrics.
Spoken good intentions.
Cuddly blankets.
Car rides.
Car dancing.
Text messages just to say "hi" and "I'm thinking about you." and "I love you."
Making plans.
Toddlers and all the silly things they come up with to tell you.
Singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" with said toddlers.
Toddler hugs.
Baby smiles.
The smell of clean skin.
The way the air smells before it snows.
Sharing.
Thoughtful discussions.
Any and all things ridiculous.
Family time.
Live music.

There are a million other things that make me smile, but these were on my mind today.
I love you all and hope your smile is bright always.
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment