Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: I resolve...

It's a brand new year and although it has already begun terribly and we are less than 24 hours in, I am hopeful for good things in 2011. I have grand plans of changing my life for the better and seeing light and joy in all things in this upcoming year. So, with that being said, I resolve:

1. To love. Everyone. Unconditionally.
2. To receive and embrace love.
3. To forgive.
4. To let go of all judgments and pre-conceived notions.
5. To be tolerant.
6. To fight the battles that I need to fight and not run away from things that are hard.
7. To take the GRE.
8. To consider continuing my education and decide what that means for me.
9. To set 1-year, 5-year and 10-year goals.
10. To learn to play an instrument.
11. To try to write songs.
12. To have a functional relationship.
13. To take better care of my body.
14. To quit drinking alcohol.
15. To drink more water.
16. To work harder and intentionally toward becoming a paid performer.
17. To live within my means - manage my money better, budget and pay off my credit card.
18. To do more to help others.
19. To stay in at least one night a week - clean my house and eat in.
20. To learn to cook... something.
21. To visit my best friend in Chicago.
22. To visit my friends in New York.
23. To visit my friends in Portland.
24. To visit my cousins in California.
25. To spend more time with my brother.
26. To be less reactive.
27. To love myself.
28. To be a better friend, daughter and sister.
29. To make a difference.
30. To find joy and gratitude in all things.

I wish nothing but joy and love for all of you in the coming year. I hope that you all appreciate each new day as if it were just that: a brand new day. A brand new chance to start over. A chance to remember that the past is past and that this moment is all that we have so we might as well be happy.

I love you all. Happy New Year!
xo,
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment