Sunday, March 21, 2010

A happy weekend amidst the chaos...

Hello, loyal friends and readers! Happy Sunday (almost Monday)!

I cannot sleep despite being exhausted, so I was laying awake thinking about my weekend and feeling so grateful! Despite a few unpleasant interactions, I had a really wonderful weekend!

Friday night, Moon Slew played a party for Hill Craddock at the Chattanooga Nature center, which was super fun, as it was a beautiful night and singing is always fun! Plus, Jim and Rhonda were there, and they are some of my very favorite people! Also, I am counting my blessings because as I was leaving the Nature Center a deer ran out in front of my car and I stopped short and managed to not hit him. I am SO incredibly thankful for that and was also in awe of how sort of majestic the sight of the deer was. I don't know that I've ever been that close to a deer before. It was beautiful.

Saturday was a lovely day. I spent the afternoon with BJ up on Lookout Mountain. We went to Rock City so that we could be tourists, and then we spent some time out on Sunset Rock singing and just being. It was really amazing because it was such a beautiful day and that is my favorite point in all of Chattanooga and BJ is such an amazing musician and sweet soul. It was really a great day. Then, I got to go and meet my Katie-did and her Gordon at Hair of the Dog where we got to sit on the patio and enjoy the Spring Equinox air. :) It was lovely. They are some of my favorite people and I love when they are in town. They are going to be married in June and I am so excited for them and feel all the while very afraid that having married friends means I am officially a grown-up. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I am grateful to have friends like them, married or not! :p

After that, I headed to the Mudpie where I got to chat with Mike and Gail for a bit. I know I have mentioned them before, but I really can't stress enough how much I love them. They are two of the most wonderfully kind, generous, fun people you will ever meet and I am so lucky they have sort of "adopted" me. Gail has become my confidant and champion and I love her so much for that!! I am grateful, grateful, grateful for Gail and Mike!

Today was perfectly nice as well, even though one might not guess it. I spent most of the day waiting tables at PF Chang's. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder and I think that is certainly the case for me with the Chang Bang. I love the people I work with there and I had a relatively easy shift where I walked away with a not-too-shabby little cash roll. I am very lucky and grateful to have stayed on such good terms with Chang's that they let me pick-up when I need to. This is officially the 5th year I have worked for them and I am happy to be there!

After that, I had dinner at the Terminal with Butch, who has a tendency to be annoyingly right about a lot of things. I give him a hard time, but I genuinely love him and am grateful to be his friend. He has stood by me and been on my side and listened to my trials and tribulations and been very patient and supportive for many months now. I may get annoyed with him periodically (read: every day. wink wink) but for the most part I am totally glad to have him in my life.

Finally, I had play rehearsal tonight, which is like going home. The CTC was the first place in Chattanooga that I ever felt like I belonged. It is where I feel comfortable and safe and whole. I love every moment I spend there and am so grateful to be in a show with such an amazing and kind and funny group of people. I am also blessed to be working with Br. Ron again, who inspires me every day to look beyond the obvious and reach out to those who need love and support and encouragement. I don't know of any other person who inspires me more. And finally, I love Mitchell McCain. He has been nothing but a source of love and fun and friendship for me since we met and I just love him more and more by the minute. He is a prominent member of my Chattanooga family and getting to see him night after night in rehearsal is one of the best parts of being involved in this show!!

Anyway, long story longer, I am so grateful to know all the people I know and love all the people I love!! I love you all!! Have a happy Monday!!!

xoxo,
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment