Monday, March 1, 2010

Crash, bang, boom!

Well, this is going to start out as a rant, but there IS gratitude involved, so bear with me. Yesterday, I woke up and left my apartment to go to work, only to find that some ass-hat had hit a car which then hit my car in the night. I knew this because the car was still in contact with my car when I found it. Great.

There's more story to tell, but I won't continue. Suffice it to say that we found the ass-hat who hit us and they will now be paying out the nose to fix two cars and is slapped with a citation for leaving the scene of an accident. So, she can suck it.

So, anyway, back to gratitude. I was reminded yesterday that I am very fortunate in this situation. I got home at 2am. Had I been much later, I might have been in the car when she hit it... on the road... or had circumstances been different she may have hit someone else (while she was undoubtedly drunk). I am grateful that my car isn't totaled. I am grateful that she didn't hurt anyone.

I am also so grateful for the people in my life. I've had so many people call or give me hugs or just generally give me love for my icky day and I'm just so proud/happy/lucky to have them in my life. I love you all.

xoxo,
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment