Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends

There's not a lot I know for sure, but I do know that my life is made infinitely better by the people I am fortunate enough to spend it with. There seems to be no real rhyme or reason in life but, I am convinced, to love. Our tangible worlds are just that, so it seems that the only infallible possession we have is love. Now, you may argue that people lose love all the time; they fall out of love, they die, but I would have to disagree. Love lives in our hearts always. Sometimes, relationships change and that love changes, but it's always there. We love because that is what we are made to do.

I am fortunate to love and to be loved by a lot of amazing people. They are people who pick me up when I am down; people who sing songs; people who smile and laugh and hug and tell foul jokes. They are the ones I would walk through fire for. They are the ones who make my life worth living.

To those I love, know that I am always grateful to you. I am indebted to you for all the times I felt like giving up and I found you smiling at me or hugging me or simply existing in my mind, reminding me of what I have to go to if I need it. I love you and I am honored and overjoyed to be loved by you. You are why I wake up in the morning. I love you.

xoxo
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment