Friday, January 15, 2010

Opportunities Abound

I know it's been a minute since I last posted, but I've been a busy girl! Plus, I had to put myself in time-out for a little while on account of sometimes a Cruzan bucket makes you say stupid things to people you are attracted to. :p Aaaaaaannnnyyyywwwwaaaayyyyy, I am so thankful for several things today.

First, I am so thankful for my band. We had a BLAST last night playing at Lindsay Street. I am so proud of what we are doing and I just love my band more than just about anything. They are my family and I am absolutely so lucky to be a part of that group!

Second of all, I am so thankful for opportunities that have begun to present themselves. I have a tendency to overthink and overplan my life and sometimes things crop up and remind me that I am 23 years old and I have the ability at this moment to take advantage of those opportunities. It's easy to think "Why do I not have some fabulous grown-up career?" or "Why don't I have some fabulous grown-up boyfriend?" or even "fiance" or "Why do I not know where I want to live and work and love?" But, all of those things mean that some part of me would have to settle down at this moment and I am at an age that makes me able and free to explore and go on adventures and that's awesome! I am so fortunate to be able to do whatever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want and have to answer only to myself and my sense of adventure. It's kind of exciting, really.

Finally I am so thankful for my health and my life in general. I have recently been rocked by the reality of health problems. I keep reminding myself that I am so incredibly fortunate to have a body that can do just about anything I ask of it, I am healthy and strong and I have people who love and support me. That is so important and we have a tendency to forget, I think. It's easy to forget how important good health is until you don't have it anymore.

In closing, as always, life is good and I am so thankful for every moment of it.

Light and Love,
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment