Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thankful

I have been fortunate of late to have a great perspective check. Lately I've been hearing stories about the experiences of people that have shaken me to my core. It sounds dramatic, but it is dramatic. I've heard stories of pain and loss and suffering; of homelessness and heartlessness and it's drastically changing my outlook on life. I, like most people, have a tendency to dwell on certain negative aspects of my life or "sweat the small stuff" if you will. I don't mean to downplay any of my personal problems or anxieties or those of others because we all have problems and trials that are very real and very serious to us. But, what I am coming to realize is that, even on my worst day, my life is beautiful. I have a family and friends who love me and who I love more than anything in this world. I am employed. I can reasonably support myself. I am educated. I have a car. I am happy. It's so easy to become wrapped up in your own little world and it takes a lot of conscious effort to get past a lot of those problems, however, I am thankful for so many things in my life and I am proud to be who I am and I hope that you are too!

I love you.
Haylezzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment